Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh, the horror!

Maybe this should be more like a real blog. At least once in a while.

One of the formative experiences of my youth was seeing a live performance of The Rocky Horror Show, in a West L.A. venue that is lost to time. It was fantastic! The stage show had all of the good things in the movie, especially the songs, and none of the crap. (Though no Susan Sarandon). Tim Curry was overpowering. Why did life not give him more of a career?

In that spirit, check out Richard O'Brien doing the intro---"Science Fiction, Double Feature" on youtube. Or buy it from iTunes, it's definitely worth it.

And you can explore all the references from the song at wikipedia.

Man, those were the days. I suppose it's just a coincidence that I also downloaded "All the young dudes" today.

So it's kind of weird. Today, my generation look so... so... (bourgeois isn't quite what I'm looking for), but all that stuff is still inside my head. And the next question is, what was in the elder generation's head when Pete Townshend sang "hope I die before I get old" ?? Were they wild and crazy too? I thought we were special.

In that spirit, here is a friend of mine.