Monday, February 21, 2011

One world


wikimedia

I would be somewhat embarrassed if you knew how often I look at the Stats for the blog. See, I'm hoping someone will find it interesting. And I've been very excited recently to discover in my audience what must be new visitors to the site, from Hungary, Poland, New Zealand, Argentina.. I certainly don't remember seeing those before.

So I googled a bit and found Flag Counter. Hope you like it! (Hope it works).

And the story with the flag is this. A long time ago, a friend of mine and I planned (using the word very loosely) that one day we would go to Tonga and set up a (small) research institute. Among other things, we were excited by the fact that the King was a surfer. This idea captured my imagination. So I'm hoping that one day, I will see his flag in the sidebar. Let me know if I miss it.